Bao Nguyen focuses primarily on high-tech patent litigation. Bao has technical background and experience in the fields of electrical engineering, computer sciences, software, mechanical and aeronautical engineering. He has litigated patent matters in the district courts, the ITC and foreign courts involving diverse technologies such as LTE, 3G and Wi-Fi wireless communications technologies, LED technologies, chip packaging, voice and data networking, network security and intrusion detection, relational databases, semiconductor processing, semiconductor logic, digital and analog integrated circuits, circuit emulation, speech recognition and user interface software.
Prior to attending law school, Bao worked as a systems analyst and an engineering manager with a large aerospace firm. There, he managed the Systems & Analysis Group and was engaged in the design, analysis and flight testing of many flight control, navigation and other avionic systems for military and commercial aircrafts, including military helicopters and unmanned air vehicles. He also directed R&D in advanced flight control concepts.
Memberships & Affiliations
State Bar of CaliforniaFederal Circuit Bar Association
Admissions & Qualifications
- 1998, California
- Registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California1999
- United States District Court for the Central District of California2000
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit2010
- University of Chicago Law SchoolJ.D.1998
- University of California, Los AngelesM.B.A.1992
University of Southern California (M.S.E.E.)
Ecole Centrale Paris, France (B.S./M.S.)