She is super responsive, very insightful and aware of the market even when it evolves quickly. She is clearly very good on the technical side but also very commercial.” - Chambers UK, 2024
Kirsteen Nicol is a banking partner in the London office of Kirkland & Ellis International LLP. Her practice is primarily focused on representing sponsors and portfolio companies on complex, cross border leveraged financings. Kirsteen has a broad range of banking and debt finance experience, including syndicated and credit fund lending, leveraged acquisitions, take private transactions across Europe, corporate lending and general banking.
Kirsteen has been recognised:
- by Legal Business in its list of “Women Deal Stars – Alpha 2.0” (2023)
- by Chambers UK (2024) as a “top lawyer and a trusted partner”
- as a “Leading Individual” by The Legal 500 UK (2024)
- in the “Highly Regarded” category by IFLR1000 (2023) for Banking and listed in IFLR1000 Women Leaders 2023 - EMEA.
- by Legal Week in its list of “Rising Stars: The UK's Best Up and Coming Female Lawyers” (2021)
- as a dealmaker in The Lawyer “Hot 100” (2019), which celebrates the United Kingdom’s top lawyers acting on the most significant matters with creative flair.
Admissions & Qualifications
- 2010, Admitted to Practice as a Solicitor of Scotland
- University of AberdeenDiploma in Legal Practice2007
- University of GlasgowLL.B., LawFirst Class Honours2006