Nyika Strickland is an intellectual property partner in the Chicago office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. Nyika’s practice focuses primarily on complex patent litigation matters. In her practice, she applies her engineering background to patent infringement analysis, litigation and counseling. She has represented companies in patent litigation matters encompassing a wide range of technologies, including: computer processors; cellular technology; wireless video transmission; semiconductor devices and fabrication; integrated circuit chips for wireless data, high-density storage, and networking applications; electronic ballasts; wheel alignment equipment; aviation equipment; digital imaging technology; and flash memory devices. Nyika’s experience encompasses all phases of litigation, including appeal.
Admissions & Qualifications
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the District of Puerto Rico (pro hac vice)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas (pro hac vice)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Northwestern Pritzker School of LawJ.D.2001Note and Comment Editor, Northwestern University Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology
- Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyB.S., Electrical Engineering1998