Jason Wilcox’s practice focuses on litigation, including intellectual property disputes, regulatory matters, and other complex litigation at the trial and appellate levels. He is a talented and tenacious litigator who has stacked up wins at the trial and appellate level for some of the Firm’s most high-profile IP and commercial litigation clients. Jason’s clients rely on his courtroom experience, technological knowledge, and creative problem-solving skills to guide them through their most challenging legal disputes.
An experienced appellate litigator, his results speak for themselves. He has obtained multiple victories for clients in multi-front intellectual property conflicts, won high-profile victories at the D.C. Circuit, and successfully litigated cases against state and federal government agencies. In his multi-dimensional practice, Jason has resolved cases with motions practice, represented clients at trials and hearings, and argued a dozen cases before multiple courts of appeals. The Legal 500 has recognized him for Patent Litigation.
Before joining Kirkland, Jason served as a law clerk to Justice Antonin Scalia of the U.S. Supreme Court and Judge Jeffrey S. Sutton of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. Jason was also a Lecturer at the University of Chicago Law School from 2016 to 2020.
Jason Wilcox and John O’Quinn, Protecting Individual Liberty Through State Constitutional Law: Judge Sutton’s Plea for Federalism in Judicial Decisionmaking, Federalist Society Review, Volume 20 (Feb 2019).
Steve Cherny and Jason Wilcox, Standardised Uncertainty, Intellectual Asset Management (Jan–Feb 2015).
Memberships & Affiliations
J. Rueben Clark Law Society
The Federalist Society
Federal Circuit Bar Association
Admissions & Qualifications
- 2012District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- University of Chicago Law SchoolJ.D.with High Honors2009
Order of the Coif
Book Review & Business Editor, The University of Chicago Law Review
Kirkland & Ellis Scholar
- Portland State UniversityB.S., Computer Sciencecum laude2004Graduate of the University Honors Program