Jason Wilcox is an intellectual property partner in Kirkland's Washington, D.C., office. He is a talented and tenacious litigator who has stacked up wins at the trial and appellate level for some of the Firm’s most high-profile IP and commercial litigation clients. Jason’s clients rely on his courtroom experience, technological knowledge, and creative problem-solving skills to guide them through their most challenging legal disputes.
An experienced appellate litigator, Jason has handled many complex appeals on a broad range of subject matters and also represents clients in all aspects of patent and other technology disputes. Jason has resolved cases with motions practice, represented clients at trials and hearings, and argued a dozen cases before multiple courts of appeals. The Legal 500 has recognized him for Patent Litigation.
Before joining Kirkland, Jason served as a law clerk to Justice Antonin Scalia of the U.S. Supreme Court and Judge Jeffrey S. Sutton of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. Jason was also a Lecturer at the University of Chicago Law School from 2016 to 2020.
Jason Wilcox and John O’Quinn, Protecting Individual Liberty Through State Constitutional Law: Judge Sutton’s Plea for Federalism in Judicial Decisionmaking, Federalist Society Review, Volume 20 (Feb 2019).
Steve Cherny and Jason Wilcox, Standardised Uncertainty, Intellectual Asset Management (Jan–Feb 2015).
Memberships & Affiliations
J. Rueben Clark Law Society
The Federalist Society
Federal Circuit Bar Association
Admissions & Qualifications
- 2012District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- University of Chicago Law SchoolJ.D.with High Honors2009
Order of the Coif
Book Review & Business Editor, The University of Chicago Law Review
Kirkland & Ellis Scholar
- Portland State UniversityB.S., Computer Sciencecum laude2004Graduate of the University Honors Program