Daniel Yip is a corporate partner in the New York office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. Daniel's practice is focused on public and private company mergers and acquisitions, as well as advising companies with respect to corporate governance, securities and strategic matters, activist defense, joint ventures and other general corporate matters. He regularly acts for public companies and their boards of directors, as well as private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies.
Prior to joining Kirkland & Ellis LLP, Daniel was an associate at a leading Canadian law firm, where he maintained a broad general corporate practice that included mergers and acquisitions, securities and corporate finance.
Judicial Forecasting: When All Is Not As It Seems, 8 H. K. J. Legal. Stud. 169 (2014)
Admissions & Qualifications
- Not admitted to practice in New York
- 2017, British Columbia, Canada
- University of TorontoJ.D.Senior Editor, University of Toronto Faculty of Law Review
- University of Pennsylvania Law SchoolLL.M.with DistinctionAssociate Editor, University of Pennsylvania East Asia Law Review
- University of British ColumbiaB.Sc., Chemistry & English Literature