Lena Yoon is a corporate associate in the New York office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP, where she is a member of the Investment Funds Group. She advises private fund sponsors on a variety of legal, regulatory, transactional and compliance matters arising under related federal securities laws and regulations, including:
- Structuring: Counseling new and existing asset managers in ongoing operations of private investment vehicles
- Fundraising: Assisting private fund sponsors with fundraising, ensuring fund offerings comply with federal securities laws
- Transactions: Advising private equity sponsors on transactions, ensuring deal structures and related fees will withstand regulatory scrutiny
- Navigating: Counseling private fund sponsors through SEC examinations and enforcement actions.
- Compliance: Investment adviser registration, exemptions and ongoing compliance
Lena Yoon was also a corporate associate in the London office of Kirkland & Ellis International LLP, where she was member of a capital markets group. She has experience in U.S. and international finance, capital markets transactions, mergers and acquisitions, representing issuers and sponsors with respect to initial public offerings (IPOs), high yield debt offerings, investment grade offerings, restructurings and consent solicitations.
Admissions & Qualifications
- 2021New York
- Harvard Law SchoolJ.D.2020
- Harvard Kennedy SchoolM.P.A., International Development2020
- Cornell UniversityB.A., Economics2012