Global Investigations Review named Kirkland to its GIR 100 list of leading cross-border investigations practices. The list recognizes firms around the world that handle sophisticated cross-border and government-led internal investigations. GIR evaluated firms based on a detailed questionnaire of each firm’s investigations and white-collar crime practices. The questionnaire gathered information regarding each firm’s clients, key partners, noteworthy investigations, billable hours, partner travel, government experience and more.
Kirkland was also ranked 18 in the GIR 30, which lists the top 30 leading global investigation practices. Rankings were based on the following criteria for investigations carried out between August 2013 and August 2015:
- matters that feature a corporate internal investigation spanning multiple jurisdictions, with multiple, major government enforcement agencies
- as above, but without an enforcement action, or with a relatively minor enforcement action
- a multijurisdictional corporate internal investigation conducted by a single government agency
- a corporate internal investigation spanning multiple jurisdictions
- a corporate internal investigation in a single jurisdiction
Firms were also awarded points for corporate litigation and defense work for individuals.