Part of Kirkland’s large Capital Markets Practice Group, our derivatives practice acts in respect of a full range of over-the-counter, cleared and exchange traded derivatives and related products.
Clients rely on us to guide them through this highly technical and specialized aspect of the financial markets. We routinely advise on derivatives used for both hedging and investment and on the derivatives aspects of broader transactional and restructuring matters.
Our market insights reflect the high volume of work we do for top-tier private equity, public company and investment fund clients and enable us to negotiate effectively on behalf of our clients. With sell-side and buy-side in-house legal and banking experience, our derivatives attorneys apply their broad and detailed understanding of market dynamics to efficiently advocate for clients and achieve excellent results.
Our derivatives attorneys advise clients on:
- Interest rate, currency and commodity hedging transactions and the negotiation of Schedules and Credit Support Annexes under ISDA Master Agreements
- Equity derivatives, including synthetic long and short positions, flow trades, accelerated share repurchases and convertible bond hedges
- Credit derivatives, including credit default swaps, opportunistic credit derivative strategies and credit-linked notes
- Total return swaps on loans, bonds and other underliers
- Energy and other commodity derivatives
- Deal-contingent hedging arrangements in connection with corporate acquisitions and divestments
- Repurchase facilities, including tri-party and sponsored repo
- Reverse repurchase facilities
- When-issued and to-be-announced forward purchase and sale agreements
- Prime brokerage agreements and term locks
- LIBOR cessation
- Best practices under the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act and associated regulations