Brian Bank has more than 20 years of experience within the investment funds universe as both an institutional limited partner and as a placement agent. As an LP, Brian committed to funds across private equity, venture capital, debt, real estate, and credit strategies, served on numerous Limited Partner Advisory Committees (LPACs), executed and managed co-investments, sold assets in the secondary market, analyzed over 1,000 partnerships, attended several hundred annual meetings, and established a very deep and broad network across the private investment funds community.
Brian leverages his deep knowledge and relationships to provide clients strategic and tactical advice and perspectives on commercial and business issues related to fundraising, messaging, investor relations and market conditions.
Activate Capital, Arcline Investment Management, Arroyo Energy Partners, Castlelake, Crestview Partners, HGGC, Highbar Capital, K1 Investment Management, Knox Lane Capital, Monomoy Capital Partners, Quinbrook Infrastructure Partners, Sorenson Ventures, Sunstone Partners, Thoma Bravo and Whitehorse Liquidity Partners.
- Prior to joining Kirkland, Brian headed US PE origination for First Avenue Partners, a UK-based independent placement agent.
- More than 17 years of experience advising private equity firms, including 15 years as a private funds limited partner and portfolio manager.
- Managed LP commitments in more than 50 general partnerships and served on numerous Limited Partner Advisory Committees across private equity, real estate, venture capital, and energy.
- Identified, diligenced and executed direct investments, co-investments, and secondary transactions.
- Cornell’s Johnson Graduate School of Management, M.B.A., 1997
- Middlebury College, B.A., History, cum laude, 1991
Prior Admissions & Qualifications
- FINRA Series 7
- FINRA Series 63