On May 5, 2002, the Ninth Annual Technology Seminar was held in the Chicago office with a video conference hookup to the Los Angeles, New York and Washington, D.C. offices. The following topics were covered during the program:
- Introduction and "Technology and the Law" Year in Review
- Patent Strategy in Light of Recent Legal Developments
- Copyright v. Technology?
- Incident Response Live!
- Technology Aspects of Strategic Alliance and Joint Ventures
- When IT/IS Projects Go Wrong: Effective Transactional and Litigation Strategies
- Conclusion and Upcoming Technology Issues
- Privacy Compliance and Technology
- Controversy and Reform with Business Method Patents
- Antitrust Law vs. The Patent "Monopoly": When an Irresistible Force Meets an Immoval Object
- Protection and Distribution of Information in the Digital Millennium