Kirkland & Ellis will host a “Tax Incentives of Investing in Opportunity Zones” seminar. Partners Stephen G. Tomlinson and William A. Levy and associate Nicholas Warther will be leading the seminar on one of the most significant new tax incentive programs for investment and economic development created by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act: Opportunity Zones.
The seminar will include an in-depth discussion of the following topics:
- An overview of Opportunity Zones and Qualified Opportunity Funds
- Significant tax benefits of investing in Opportunity Zones, including gain deferral and permanent exclusion of tax
- Structuring strategies for private equity sponsors, portfolio companies, real estate developers, family offices and other private investors to take advantage of these new tax incentives
The event will take place in our offices in:
- Chicago — Thursday, December 13
- New York — Tuesday, December 18