They are great to work with and offer the ability to work seamlessly across different specialized areas. - Chambers USA, 2020
Kirkland’s Real Estate Practice is made up of highly experienced, multidisciplinary lawyers who apply their high-level real estate knowledge to a wide range of complex business transactions. The Firm has methodically built and developed a powerhouse real estate practice that sits prominently within the Firm.
The group represents the industry’s most active and sophisticated private equity sponsors, as well as publicly-traded REITs, sovereign wealth funds, major pension organizations and other institutional investors in connection with their real estate and real estate-related activities from fundraising and structuring through deployment of capital and final disposition, mergers and take-private transactions and recapitalizing such investment entities to the extent necessary. The group also counsels both lenders and borrowers in a wide variety of real estate financing transactions across the entire capital structure including corporate term loans and revolving credit facilities, bond issuances, CMBS financings and mezzanine loans.
Because Kirkland understands that real estate transactions cut across a wide spectrum of disciplines, it has structured its real estate practice to meet its client’s diverse needs. The team’s knowledge knows no bounds and includes major asset classes such as logistics, office, retail, large scale multifamily, student housing, medical office, life-sciences, data-centers, manufactured housing, single-family rentals, hospitality, gaming, leisure and infrastructure in markets across the globe. We regularly advise key industry clients on a variety of matters, including:
- Acquisitions and dispositions of single assets, portfolios, majority and minority equity positions, and performing and non-performing loans;
- Joint ventures (including one-off partnerships, programmatic joint ventures, platforms and club arrangements) involving all asset classes;
- Public company matters, including mergers, take-privates, IPOs and roll-ups;
- Real estate private equity fund formations and advisory related matters;
- First mortgage and mezzanine financing transactions; and
- Complex debt restructurings, workouts and equity recapitalizations, including loan to own transactions.
Leading Law Firm: Real Estate
Chambers USA, 2020
Tier 1 Real Estate Firm
The Legal 500 United States, 2020
Ranked #1 for Real Estate
Commercial Property Executive, 2020