Clients rely on the firm’s impressive track record and experience in the real estate industry, trusting Kirkland’s real estate team with their most complex transactions and financing matters. - Law 360 Practice Group of the Year, 2017
Today’s market requires experienced, multidisciplinary lawyers who can apply high-level experience in real estate, corporate M&A, securities, partnership and tax law to complex business transactions.
Our Real Estate Practice Group represents some of the most active and sophisticated private equity funds, sponsors, sovereign wealth funds, major pension organizations and other institutional investors as well as publicly traded real estate entities in connection with their real estate activities.
Kirkland has extensive experience in every stage of ownership of global real estate assets, including fundraising and structuring, deployment of capital, financings and refinancings, and final asset disposition, as well as complex restructuring and recapitalization transactions.
We offer clients flexible and creative solutions to difficult problems. Working as one team, across practice areas and offices, we offer focused, multi-disciplinary counsel on a cost-effective basis.
We regularly advise key industry clients on a variety of matters, including:
- Acquisitions and dispositions of single assets, portfolios, majority and minority equity positions, and performing and non-performing loans;
- Joint ventures (including one-off partnerships, platforms and club arrangements) involving all asset classes;
- Public company matters, including mergers, take-privates, IPOs and roll-ups;
- Complex debt restructurings, workouts and equity recapitalizations, including loan to own transactions;
- Real estate private equity fund formations and advisory related matters;
- First mortgage and mezzanine financing transactions; and
- REIT formation, qualification and transaction structuring.