Kirkland & Ellis is pleased to announce dates for the 2019 Copyright, Trademark, Internet & Advertising Symposium. This program will offer in-house counsel and executives a unique opportunity to learn about the cutting-edge issues facing companies that create their own intellectual property or want to understand the bounds of using the property of others. The topics covered run the gamut, including the scope of copyright, emerging technologies, fair use, building and protecting brands, social media, copyright and trademark transactions and more.
The symposium is hosted by Kirkland partners Dale Cendali, Claudia Ray, Diana Torres, Jordan Heinz, Bonnie Jarrett, Mary Mazzello, Robin McCue, Megan New, Shanti Sadtler Conway, Johanna Schmitt, and Joshua Simmons.
- Is It or Isn't It Covered? The Scope of Copyright Protection for Product Designs and Logos
- Picking Your Battles: When and How to Police Your IP Rights
- Living on the Edge: Software and Emerging Technologies
- Transforming the Law: Fair Use for the In-House Lawyer
- The Road Not Taken: Lesser Known IP Claims
- Don't Let Their Size Fool You: Unique Challenges Posed by Smaller Adversaries
- Let's Make a Deal: IP Issues in the Deal Context
- An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure: Avoiding Ethical Pitfalls in Trademark Clearance, Advertising Review and Pre-Suit Investigations
- Advertising in the Age of Social Media
- It's Not the Principle, It's the Money: IP Remedies
- Everything You Always Wanted to Ask a CTIA Lawyer (Panel)
Dates and Locations:
01/24/19 - Chicago, IL
01/29/19 - New York, NY
02/05/19 - Beverly Hills, CA
02/07/19 - Palo Alto, CA
CLE Credits: Kirkland & Ellis is an approved State Bar of California and State Bar of Texas provider and an approved provider by the Illinois and New York MCLE boards. This program is currently pending approval for CLE credit in California, Illinois, New York and Texas.
For more information or to attend the program, please contact Mia LaFlore at +1 (312) 862 3545.