Amelia Bailey is a litigation associate in the Chicago office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. Amelia’s practice focuses on antitrust and competition matters and complex commercial litigation. She has a broad range of litigation experience, spanning the technology, pharmaceutical, and retail industries. She has litigated cases at both the trial and appellate stages in various state and federal courts, as well as in mediation.
Amelia also actively participates in Firm committees, diversity initiatives, and recruiting efforts. She is the current Co-Chair of the Firm’s Associates Committee for the Chicago office. She has represented numerous pro bono clients, and is currently serving as co-counsel, along with the ACLU of Illinois, for transgender prisoners in a class action challenging their treatment within the Illinois prison system.
Admissions & Qualifications
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- University of Michigan Law SchoolJ.D.cum laude2016
Rakow Scholarship for outstanding achievement in securities law
Saul L. Nadler Memorial Award for outstanding work in commercial law, corporate law, creditors' rights, and securities regulation
Award for Outstanding Scholarly Contribution to the Michigan Journal of Gender & Law
Certificate of Merit in Civil Procedure and Financial Regulation
Editor-in-chief, Michigan Journal of Gender & Law
- University of PennsylvaniaB.A., Political Science & Communication and Public Servicecum laude2010