Since joining Kirkland, Layton has been involved in the follow representations:
- United Utility Services, a Bernhard Capital Partners portfolio company, in its financing of the acquisition of BHI Power Delivery, a specialty utility transmission and distribution services provider, from Westinghouse Electric Company.
- Cureton Front Range, a midstream oil and gas company, in its acquisition of a portfolio of midstream assets from Aka Energy Group.
- ORIX Capital Partners and its portfolio company Specialty Welding and Turnarounds, LLC (SWAT), a petrochemical and oil and gas refinery turnaround services company, in its first and second lien term loan facility and revolving credit facility financings to acquire Midwest Cooling Tower Services (Midwest).
- ORIX Capital Partners in its acquisition of Odin Construction Solutions, a leading provider of environmental remediation and geotechnical construction services.
- Alta Resources in the $2.925 billion sale of its upstream and midstream subsidiaries for cash and public stock consideration to EQT Corp.
- McDermott International, Ltd on securing approximately $560 million in new capital.
- Bruin E&P Partners, LLC, an exploration and production company, in their prepackaged Chapter 11 cases through which they eliminated over $840 million in funded debt obligations, including obtaining a $230 million debtor-in-possession credit facility and a $230 million reserve-based revolving credit facility upon exit.
- McDermott International, Inc. (NYSE: MDR) and its affiliates, a leading global provider of integrated engineering, procurement, construction and technology services, in a $1.7 billion superpriority secured credit facility, and subsequently in creditor negotiations achieving a prepackaged Chapter 11 filing that deleveraged over $4 billion of funded debt and in securing a $2.81 billion debtor-in-possession financing package from their senior secured lenders, and upon exit from Chapter 11, in an exit financing consisting of $2.44 billion in letter of credit capacity and $544 million of term loan obligations.
Prior to joining Kirkland, Layton was involved in the follow representations
- Administrative agent and lead arrangers in connection with the amendment and restatement of a $500 million first lien term B loan for an automotive supply company.
- Administrative agent and lead arranger in connection with a $1.6 billion term B loan and a $125 million revolving credit agreement for a real estate development company.
- Administrative agent and lead arranger in connection with the amendment and restatement of a $850 million asset-based revolving credit agreement for a leading clothing company.
- Lead arrangers in connection with a $6 billion credit facility of a grocery store chain.
- Administrative agents in connection with an $11.5 billion credit facility for a leading technology company.
- Administrative agent and lead arranger in connection with a $310 million credit facility for an elementary education company.
- Administrative agent in connection with a $840 million first lien term loan, a $200 million second lien term loan and a $75 million asset-based loan for a transportation company.
- Lead arrangers in connection with an amended $2.3 billion term B credit facility and an amended $350 million revolving credit facility for a leading medical supply company.
- Lead arrangers in connection with a $3.6 billion term A loan facility for a leading technology company.