Lauren Casazza is a litigation partner in Kirkland’s New York office. Lauren leads internal investigations for corporations on highly sensitive matters and advises clients on policies, procedures and compliance issues, including with respect to unlawful harassment and other workplace misconduct matters. Lauren also litigates a broad range of commercial matters at both the trial and appellate levels, and in arbitration.
In addition, Lauren has established Kirkland’s Crisis Response practice group, counseling clients on internal and external communications in high-profile litigation, investigations and crisis situations. In this role, Lauren has advised numerous public and private corporations operating in a myriad of industries, including serving as the lead outside counsel for BP regarding communications about the Deepwater Horizon incident.
Lauren has represented clients including the National Football League, BP, GM, Volkswagen, Wynn Resorts, Caterpillar, and Henkel Corporation.
At Kirkland, Lauren serves as Co-Chair of the Firmwide Recruiting Committee and Co-Chair of the New York office Recruiting Committee. She also helps lead Kirkland’s Women’s Leadership Initiative and serves on various committees throughout the Firm.
Admissions & Qualifications
- 2002New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit2014
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit2003
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois2003
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York2002
- Georgetown University Law CenterJ.D.cum laude2001
Primary Editor, Georgetown University Law Journal
- Duke UniversityB.A., Public Policysumma cum laude1998
Phi Beta Kappa
Graduation with Highest Distinction in Public Policy Studies