We absolutely love them. - U.S. News and World Report Best Lawyers 2018
Our Corporate Governance attorneys bring practical judgment, innovation and a broad perspective to counseling boards and board committees, senior management and internal legal and compliance departments in the high-stakes and time-sensitive arena of disclosure, shareholder activism, corporate governance and compliance. We routinely counsel companies on day-to-day challenges and are well-positioned to respond rapidly and effectively to special challenges and crisis situations.
Leveraging our industry-leading legal talent in securities, litigation and government investigations, M&A, executive compensation, shareholder activism and hostile takeover defense, and other practices throughout our Firm, we build teams that address the unique operational issues clients face. This cross-disciplinary approach combines best practices and practical judgement to help clients withstand heightened scrutiny and litigation risk.
We actively counsel many of the world’s preeminent corporations on all aspects of corporate governance and securities regulation and compliance, including:
- Board and board committee structure, operation and compliance
- Committee charters, codes of conduct and other corporate programs, policies and procedures
- Executive compensation, benefit plans and contracts
- CEO succession and board and board committee evaluations and refreshment
- Corporate governance-related disclosure requirements
- Director and officer fiduciary duties and responsibilities and D&O protections
- Takeover readiness measures, stockholder activism, including shareholder proposals, and stockholder engagement
- Compliance, internal controls and risk management, including financial restatements
- Investigations, enforcement and crisis management