Yimeng Dou is a partner in the Intellectual Property Litigation Practice Group in the Los Angeles office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. Her practice focuses on patent, copyright, trade secret, and trademark litigation, post-grant proceedings at the United States Patent and Trademark Office, and proceedings before the International Trade Commission. Yimeng’s experience also includes contract, torts, and antitrust rights litigation, as well as intellectual property licensing and transactions.
Yimeng has played an integral role on several winning trial teams, including taking and defending depositions, preparing witnesses for trial, and preparing cross-examinations at trial. She has worked alongside technical experts to develop a deep understanding of complex technologies and effective trial strategies. Yimeng also has extensive experience in motion practice both in district courts and arbitration proceedings.
Yimeng has published numerous papers in prestigious scientific journals, including the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA.
C. Whytock, Y. Dou, Continuity in Transatlantic Relations Policy Convergence and the Domestic Internalization of EU-US Antitrust Cooperation, Presented at the American Political Science Association (APSA) 2013 Conference
Named a “Rising Star” for Super Lawyers, 2016–2020
Memberships & Affiliations
Association of Business Trial Lawyers
Orange County Patent Bar Association
Admissions & Qualifications
- 2012, California
- Registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.C. Irvine School of LawJ.D.2012
Lead Article Editor, UC Irvine Law Review
State Bar of California Wiley W. Manuel Pro Bono Legal Services Certificate, 2011–2012
- University of California, IrvinePh.D., Information and Computer Science2006
- University of California, IrvineM.S., Information and Computer Science2003
- Nanjing UniversityB.A., Information Management and Systems2001