Lisa focuses her practice on insurance coverage litigation, strategy and counseling with respect to broad array of coverage issues including comprehensive general liability, D&O, products liability, contractors pollution liability and representations and warranties insurance, as well as complexities relating to shared insurance rights, retrospective premiums, and the intersection between insurance and indemnification. She also has broad experience with respect to evaluating and estimating mass tort liabilities and developing strategies for companies with large- and smaller-scale mass tort liabilities. On such matters, she works with in-house legal and finance teams, insurer claims handling teams, third-party consultants, accountants, bankers and insurance advisors. Lisa also counsels clients with respect to restructuring of asbestos liabilities.
“The Treatment of the Debtors’ Insurance in Recent Asbestos Bankruptcy Cases,” Insurance Coverage Law Bulletin, April 2006.
“Top Five Insurance Issues in Asbestos Litigation,” Perrin Conferences, Cutting Edge Issues in Asbestos Litigation, Beverly Hills, February 2010.
“Insurance Issues in Asbestos Bankruptcies,” Mealey’s Asbestos Bankruptcy Conference, New York, December 2005.
Admissions & Qualifications
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- United States District Courts for the Southern District of Illinois
- Northwestern Pritzker School of LawJ.D.1991
First Place, Julius H. Miner Moot Court Competition
Coordinating Executive Editor, Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology
- Princeton UniversityA.B., Political Science1986