Philip is described as being 'very competent and solution oriented' and having 'very high commitment.' A competitor states: 'great development, impressive track record, present on many large cap deals.' - JUVE
Dr. Philip Goj is a corporate partner in the Munich office of Kirkland & Ellis International LLP.
He advises financial sponsors and corporate clients on the preparation and implementation of M&A projects as well as public takeovers. In the field of corporate and capital markets law, he focuses on shareholders‘ meetings, capital measures and other structural measures as well as on matters relating to corporate governance, securities trading law and groups of companies.
In the 2022/2023 edition of JUVE Handbook German Commercial Law Firms, Philip is listed as a frequently recommended lawyer for private equity. He is also listed among the “Best Lawyers” for M&A in Germany by Handelsblatt Best Lawyers 2022.
Determination of the cash compensation for a corporate law squeeze-out, Der Betrieb (DB), 2021, p. 772 (together with Dr. Achim Herfs)
Structuring of “volume capital increases”, Die Aktiengesellschaft (AG), 2021, p. 289 (together with Dr. Achim Herfs)
Start of the time limitation period for claims against board members in case of a “permanent omission”, Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftsrecht (ZIP), 2019, p. 447
The determination of caps for the compensation of members of the management board pursuant to Sec. 4.2.3 para. 6 sent. 2 of the German Corporate Governance Code, Die Aktiengesellschaft (AG), 2015, p. 173
Overview of corporate governance regulation on the EU level and current developments, The International Comparative Legal Guide to Corporate Governance, 2014, p. 9 (together with Dr. Simon Link)
Overview of disclosure obligations for the compensation of members of the management board, Kölner Schrift zum Wirtschaftsrecht (KSzW), 2013, p. 334 (together with Dr. Simon Link)
Commentary on Court Decisions
- No analogous applicability of Sec. 179a German Stock Corporation Act to total asset transactions of a German limited partnership, Neue Juristische Wochenschrift (NJW), 2022, p. 1883 (commentary on: German Federal Court of Justice, 15 Feb. 2022 – II ZR 235/20)
- No claim for damages in the event of non-acceptance of a takeover offer, Neue Juristische Wochenschrift (NJW), 2022, p. 1007 (commentary on: German Federal Court of Justice, 23 Nov. 2021 – II ZR 312/19 – Celesio II)
- Minimum offer price for mandatory public offers and limitation of state liability, Zeitschrift für Bank- und Kapitalmarktrecht (BKR), 2021, p. 431 (commentary on: CJEU, 10 Dec. 2020 – C-735/19)
- Shareholders‘ consent in case of an acquisition of shares in a target company?, Duncker & Humblot, “AGK” series, Vol. 102, 2017
Admissions & Qualifications
- Ludwig Maximilians University MunichDr. jur.2016
- Higher Regional Court of HamburgSecond State Examination2012
- University of AugsburgFirst State Examination2009
- University of North Carolina at Chapel HillExchange Semester2006