James Hileman’s practice focuses on U.S. complex commercial litigation. He has experience litigating a range of complex matters, including antitrust investigations and litigation, fraudulent transfer litigation, qui tam cases, accounting malpractice litigation, mass tort litigation, and contract dispute matters, as well as other areas.
James has experience in a variety of industries and sectors. He has represented oil and gas corporations, software and technology companies, chemical and industrial manufacturers, accounting and banking companies, pharmaceutical and medical device companies, energy companies, and others. James practices in state, federal, and bankruptcy courts throughout the country, as well as representing clients in arbitrations and mediations. Representative matters include obtaining a trial victory for a chemical company in a multi-billion dollar fraudulent transfer case against its former parent and obtaining a complete defense verdict in a multi-million dollar fraud case against a bank software firm.
James also has pro bono experience representing asylum candidates in Immigration Court.
Admissions & Qualifications
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Harvard Law SchoolJ.D.cum laude2006Submissions Committee, Student-Writing Committee, Line Editor, Journal of Law & Technology
- Case Western Reserve UniversityB.S.E., Mechanical Engineeringsumma cum laude 2003