Chris Lawless is a partner in Kirkland’s Intellectual Property Group, focusing on litigation and trials involving patent, trade secret, copyright, trademark, and unfair competition claims. Chris also broadly advises clients on intellectual property strategy. Chris has substantial experience leading large case teams with billions of dollars in alleged damages through all phases of complex litigation, from pre-suit investigations through case inception, trial, and appeal. Many of Chris’s cases also involve parallel proceedings in foreign jurisdictions in Asia and Europe.
Chris has served as trial counsel in multiple trials in U.S. District Courts and the International Trade Commission, and appeals at the Federal Circuit. His technological case experience includes wireless technology, computer hardware and software, semiconductor fabrication, internet content delivery, precision manufacturing methods, medical devices and equipment, and chemical engineering.
Memberships & Affiliations
The Judge Paul R. Michel Intellectual Property American Inn of Court
Los Angeles County Bar Association
Admissions & Qualifications
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- Loyola Law School, Los AngelesJ.D.2008
Order of the Coif
St. Thomas Moore Honor Society
- University of MichiganB.S.E., Industrial Engineering2004
- United States Air Force Academy1999