Mark McLennan is an intellectual property associate in the New York office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. Mark’s practice focuses on patent infringement litigation and counselling. He has represented clients in both contentious and non-contentious matters, involving a range of industries, including biotechnology, pharmaceutical and life sciences, as well as software, electronics, and consumer products.
Mark has extensive international experience, completing a secondment in the London office of Kirkland & Ellis, and having previously practiced in Australia for a number of years.
Mark has also been involved in several of the firm’s pro bono programs, including advocating for persons seeking asylum in the United States and arguing a disability benefits appeal.
"Patent and Technology Best Practices for 2017," Intellectual Property Institute Panel, Lavender Law Conference, San Francisco, CA, August 4, 2017
Memberships & Affiliations
American Intellectual Property Law Association
New York Intellectual Property Law Association
Admissions & Qualifications
- 2017, New York
- 2013, High Court of Australia
- 2012, Victoria, Australia (inactive)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Columbia Law SchoolLL.M.2016Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Monash UniversityLL.B.First Class Honors2012
- Monash UniversityB.S., Pharmacology2012