Liam Murphy is a tax partner in the Boston office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. Liam’s practice focuses on the tax aspects of complex domestic and cross-border business transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, leveraged buyouts, joint ventures, spin-offs, restructurings, public offerings and other financings.
Liam was recognized by Best Lawyers in the 2021 and 2022 editions of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch – Tax Law.
Admissions & Qualifications
- Not admitted to practice in Massachusetts
- New York
- New York UniversityLL.M., Taxation2020
- Columbia Law SchoolJ.D.2015
James Kent Scholar
Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- University of MichiganM.A., Accounting2010
- Michigan State UniversityB.A., Accounting2009