Dr. Leo Plank is a restructuring partner in the Munich office of Kirkland & Ellis International LLP.
He focuses on financial restructuring and bankruptcy matters, particularly on the representation of institutional high-yield and distressed debt investors as well as companies in cross-border and multinational restructurings. He has particular experience in the restructuring of LBO financings and in complex cross-border matters and has a wide range of experience in representing both on the debtor and the creditor side, as well as in the representation of numerous distressed and “loan-to-own” investors.
For years, JUVE, IFLR1000 and Legal 500 have recommended Leo Plank as a leading lawyer for restructuring and insolvency in Germany. Chambers Europe ranks him as a tier 1 individual in Germany. He is also selected as “Lawyer of the Year” in his area in Germany by Handelsblatt Best Lawyers 2018 and highlighted as one of ten “Thought Leaders in Europe” by Who’s Who Legal and Global Restructuring Review.
Admissions & Qualifications
- 2004, Germany
- 2003, Admitted to Practice as a Solicitor of England and Wales
- 2001, New York
- Leopold-Franzens-Universität InnsbruckDr. jur.2001
- University of Connecticut School of LawLL.M.2000
- Leopold-Franzens-Universität InnsbruckMag. jur.1999
- University of Wales Institute, Cardiff, School of Law, UKDiploma in English Legal Studies1995