Joshua Rabinovitz is a partner in the Litigation Practice Group, where he focuses on securities and other financial litigation. His clients have included AbbVie, Boeing, Deloitte, Dow Chemical, General Motors, H.I.G. Capital, Medtronic, and Rio Tinto.
Josh frequently argues as lead courtroom counsel, recently winning favorable decisions after oral argument at both the trial and appellate levels. He also routinely advises boards, in-house counsel, and company executives on litigation and corporate governance considerations.
Josh has been recognized as a leading securities litigator by The Legal 500 U.S. from 2014–2020. Prior to joining the firm, Josh was a Trial Attorney at the United States Department of Justice, Civil Division, where he handled a broad range of federal litigation nationwide. From 2011 to 2013, he also served as a Lecturer in Law at the University of Chicago Law School.
Admissions & Qualifications
- District of Columbia
- New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- University of Chicago Law SchoolJ.D.with Honors2000
Donald Egan Scholar
Harold and Milton Durchslag Scholar
Articles Editor, University of Chicago Law Review
- Northwestern UniversityB.A., Historycum laude1997Departmental Honors