Kevin Wang is an associate in the Los Angeles office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP and focuses on high-stakes intellectual property and commercial disputes in federal court, administrative proceedings, and forums for alternative dispute resolution. Kevin has counseled clients on a wide range of technology, including computer networking, semiconductor devices, cybersecurity, water desalination systems, and interactive fitness equipment.
Kevin has been a member of several trial teams, including in patent infringement and licensing matters. In one case, The Daily Journal recognized the trial team with a Top Defense Verdict after a jury trial led to a finding of no infringement. In another matter, the trial team obtained a complete defense verdict against all claims at arbitration and won breach of contract counterclaims and attorney's fees.
Kevin has frequently led critical components of his case teams, including taking lead in developing key theories on infringement/non-infringement, invalidity, and damages. Kevin also has extensive experience in drafting dispositive merits briefing, taking depositions, arguing motions in court, and managing discovery.
Admissions & Qualifications
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the District of Delaware (pro hac vice)
- University of Chicago Law SchoolJ.D.2017
The University of Chicago Legal Forum
The Dean's Award, Elements of the Law
Federal Criminal Justice Clinic
- University of California, IrvineB.A., Economics & Political Sciencesumma cum laude2014Commencement Speaker, School of Social Sciences