In April 2008, The American Lawyer measured the success of the transactional practices in the nation's leading law firms in the annual survey, "Corporate Scorecard." Kirkland's involvement as counsel on significant deals in 2007 includes the following:
- Tied for 1st by number of deals in the "Private Equity" category
- Ranked 7th by number of issues in the "High-Yield Debt" category in the role of issuer's counsel.
- Ranked 9th by number of deals in the "Mergers and Acquisitions" category in the role of counsel to principal.
- Ranked 9th by proceeds in the "IPOs" category in the role of issuer's counsel.
- Named in the fifth and sixth largest emergences of 2007:
Company: Collins & Aikman Corporation
Assets (in millions): $3,191
Jurisdiction: Eastern District of Michigan
Company: Tower Automotive, Inc.
Assets (in millions): $2,846
Jurisdiction: Southern District of New York
- Named in the sixth largest bankruptcy filed in 2007:
Company: Movie Gallery, Inc.
Assets (in millions): $1,385
Jurisdiction: Eastern District of Virginia