The Deal honored Kirkland & Ellis with five awards at the annual Deal Awards.
Kirkland was named “Debtor Counsel of the Year – Law Firm,” “Consumer, Retail, Food & Beverage Law Firm of the Year” and “Technology, Media & Telecom Law Firm of the Year.”
Additionally, the Firm was honored with an “Outstanding Deal of the Year” award for its involvement in Oracle’s $28.3 billion acquisition of Cerner, as well as "Most Outstanding Debt Financing of the Year" for representing Vista Equity Partners on its acquisition (alongside Evergreen Coast Capital Corporation, an affiliate of Elliott Investment Management) of Citrix Systems, Inc. and subsequent combination with one of Vista’s portfolio companies, TIBCO Software.
The fifth annual awards program hosted by The Deal recognizes the advisors and service providers who power the deal economy. Honorees were selected based on peer nominations and interviews with analysts and experts.
A number of Kirkland attorneys and practices were finalists in their respective categories as well:
• Consumer, Retail, Food & Beverage Dealmaker of the Year: Joshua Kogan
• Debtor Attorney of the Year: Christine Okike
• Energy & Industrials Dealmaker of the Year: Doug Bacon
• Middle-Market Dealmaker of the Year: Corey Fox
• Activist Defense Adviser of the Year
• Energy & Industrials Law Firm of the Year
• Healthcare Services Firm of the Year