Kirkland advised on several of the top deals in 2011, according to the New York Times Dealbook blog. The article highlights work for clients Koor Industries, Bain Capital, Exco Resources, Fundtech, Avis Budget Group, iGate and Teva Pharmaceuticals.
- Kirkland represented Koor Industries in its agreement for Makhteshim Agan Group to carry out a merger with a subsidiary of ChemChina, valued at $2.4 billion.
- Kirkland advised Bain on its $265 million acquisition of China Fire & Security Group.
- Kirkland advised Exco Resources' board of directors in a $5.4 billion bid to purchase outstanding shares of the company.
- Kirkland represented Fundtech in its $388 million acquisition by GTCR.
- Kirkland represented Avis Budget Group in its closely watched effort to acquire Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group.
- Kirkland represented iGate in its $1.2 billion acquisition of Patni, an India-based IT services company.
- Kirkland advised Teva Pharmaceuticals in its $6.8 billion acquisition of Cephalon.
To read the full text of this article, please click here.