We are pleased to share the inaugural edition of Mario Mancuso’s book, A Dealmaker’s Guide to CFIUS, with our clients and friends.
In the wake of several high-profile failed transactions, such as the acquisition of Lattice Semiconductor Corporation by a Chinese investor, the book aims to provide clear, succinct answers to certain frequently asked questions from boards, bankers, and investors about the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS).
Topics covered include:
- How CFIUS can be relevant for U.S.-based private equity sponsors;
- How CFIUS evaluates the national security risk profile of a particular transaction;
- What occurs during the CFIUS review process;
- How to think through strategic and tactical considerations in specific transactions; and
- Emerging 2017 themes in CFIUS reviews that may impact deal feasibility, certainty, and timing.
“CFIUS is increasingly relevant across industries and transaction types,” Mr. Mancuso said. “While every transaction is different, my aim for this primer is to help buyers, sellers, and their advisors think through CFIUS -- strategically and tactically -- within the M&A process.”
To request a copy of A Dealmaker’s Guide to CFIUS, please contact Skyler Ellis at email@example.com.
Members of the media, see the press release here.
To request an interview with Mario, please contact Olivia Clarke at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 312-862-2461.