Jonathan Adair is a litigation partner in Kirkland's Chicago office. His practice focuses on complex litigation at both the trial and appellate levels. He has represented clients in litigation matters across a broad array of subjects, including insurance coverage, toxic tort, foreign judgment enforcement, commercial law, M&A disputes, False Claims Act, antitrust, bankruptcy, and SEC enforcement.
Jonathan spent nine months working at the litigation department of a large corporation. He managed a variety of litigation matters and developed a strong understanding of the role of legal and business teams at a client. Jonathan uses his experience working in-house to develop a strong team approach with his clients.
Distinguished Alumni Award, Public Interest Law Initiative, 2020
Pro Bono Honor Roll, Chicago Volunteer Legal Services, 2017–2022
Pro Bono All-Star, Kirkland & Ellis LLP, 2017
Admissions & Qualifications
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit2022
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois2018
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan2018
- Washington University in St. Louis, School of LawJ.D.
magna cum laude2015
Order of the Coif
Dean’s Leadership Award
Legal Practice Excellence Award
Senior Executive Editor, Washington University Law Review
- Northwestern UniversityB.A., Political Sciencecum laude2012