Akshay Deoras is an intellectual property litigation partner in Kirkland’s Bay Area office focusing on patent infringement and trade secret litigation in federal courts and the US International Trade Commission. Akshay’s practice involves a wide range of technologies, including telecommunications, computer networking, computer graphics, computer security, content protection, semiconductor technology, mobile devices, and pharmaceuticals.
Recommended in the 2021 Legal 500 as a “rising star in IP litigation, with excellent knowledge of both IP law as well as the technologies at issue in a case.” Included in Law360’s “Legal Lions” feature in for his work for Motorola Solutions and Medtronic.
Admissions & Qualifications
- 2009New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- Columbia Law SchoolJ.D.2008
Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
Articles Editor, Columbia Business Law Review
- Columbia UniversityB.S., Electrical Engineeringmagna cum laude2005Dean’s List