Andrew Kassof is one of the leaders of Kirkland’s litigation practice and a member of the Firm’s Global Management Executive Committee.
Andrew recently co-led and tried two billion dollar cases to successful verdicts — one on the plaintiff side in federal court in NY, and the other for the defense in federal court in Texas; has tried many additional cases to successful verdicts in state courts, federal courts, and arbitration; and represents multiple corporate clients from different industries in various complex commercial disputes, False Claims Act and class actions in state and federal courts in nearly every state in the country.
In the past year, Andrew has secured awards for plaintiffs and dismissals for defendants in commercial cases seeking hundreds of millions of dollars in Illinois, Minnesota, New York, Texas, Massachusetts, Delaware and California. In the False Claims Act space, Andrew has litigated and obtained dismissals and judgments in Massachusetts, Texas, Florida, New Jersey, Illinois and California. Andrew also leads Kirkland’s alternative fee program for the litigation group and often handles both plaintiff and defense-side cases on flat fee or contingency fee structures for multiple firm clients.
In the sports area, Andrew has successfully represented various sports teams, including the Chicago Cubs, Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Angels, the United States Soccer Federation, sports leagues, and players in the NBA and NFL. Law360 recently named Andrew one of five “Sports MVPs” in its national “MVPs of the Year” list.
Selected as a 2016 “Sports MVP” in Law360’s “MVPs of the Year” list
Featured in “Sports Group Of The Year: Kirkland & Ellis,” Law360, January 20, 2016
Named one of “40 Illinois Attorneys Under Forty” to watch by the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin
Practice featured and profiled, Chicago Daily Law Bulletin
Selected as a “Leading Lawyer” in both Commercial Litigation and Class Action Law
Recognized by Benchmark Litigation
Recognized in The Legal 500 U.S.
Recognized by Super Lawyers magazine
Admissions & Qualifications
- New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Trial Bar
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- The George Washington University Law SchoolJ.D.magna cum laude1997Order of the Coif
- University of VirginiaB.A.magna cum laude1994