Brent Rogers is a trial lawyer with a natural propensity for clearly explaining complicated evidence to judges and juries. Brent has been on his feet in courtrooms since the earliest days of his legal career, and has applied his understanding of technical matters in his trial work for clients like Abbott Laboratories, AbbVie, Bristol-Meyers Squibb, and The Dow Chemical Company.
Now a partner in Kirkland’s Chicago office, Brent began his career as a product specialist for Abbott Laboratories in its Diagnostics Division. He received his B.A. from Cornell University with distinction and graduated with high honors from the University of Chicago Law School. Equally skilled in the courtroom and in pretrial proceedings and litigation management, Brent focuses his practice on life sciences, product liability, and toxic tort. In addition to these core practices, Brent has extensive experience in significant merger disputes and False Claims Act and securities litigation.
“The Volume of Commerce Enigma,” The Antitrust Source, June 2008
Admissions & Qualifications
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- University of Chicago Law SchoolJ.D.with High Honors2005
Order of the Coif
Articles Editor, University of Chicago Law Review
- Cornell UniversityB.A., Philosophy & Biologywith Distinction2000
- University of Cambridge1998–1999