The 2002 Vault rankings, an independent survey of 9,125 associates from 123 of the largest law firms around the country, measures both “Prestige” and “Quality of Life” factors for law firms. In this survey, Kirkland ranked:
- #1 in Chicago for overall prestige for the third year in a row;
- #14 nationally for overall prestige;
- #3 nationally for prestige of litigation practice;
- #4 nationally for prestige of bankruptcy/creditors’ rights practice;
- #9 nationally for prestige of tax practice;
- #15 nationally in the list of the “Best 20 Law Firms to Work For” based on satisfaction, hours, pay, diversity, training, treatment by partners, support services, social life, offices, retention; and
- #1 nationally for associate training for the third year in a row.