Leading Cybersecurity Law Firm - BTI Law Firms Best at Cybersecurity
Our Data Security & Privacy Practice Group focuses on the evolving business, technological and legal issues relating to the security and privacy of networks and data. We represent clients in investigations, crisis response to data breach incidents, litigation, government relations, counseling and transactions. Our group consists of lawyers in different practice groups across the United States, Europe and Asia.
We draw on the deep government service experience of many of our partners, including a former U.S. Attorney General and former U.S. Deputy Attorney General, a former White House Counsel and former Deputy White House Counsel, and multiple former senior DOJ, SEC, and FTC officials. This allows us to deploy extensive experience on matters including application of:
- the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR);
- the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA);
- China’s Cybersecurity Law;
- the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA);
- the Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act (BIPA);
- the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA);
- U.S. and international data breach notification laws;
- the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA); and
- other statutes applicable to evolving issues in data security and privacy.