Leading Firm for Environmental Law - Chambers USA, 2005 – 2018
With a deep bench of environmental transactional attorneys, our Environmental Transactions Practice Group handles the environmental aspects of hundreds of transactions annually for private equity firms and companies involving all types of businesses, industries and operations around the globe.
We provide comprehensive support to buyers, sellers, lenders, underwriters and investors in all types of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, securities offerings, restructuring/bankruptcy matters, energy, infrastructure and real estate investments, and financings.
Our deal-savvy, pragmatic approach enables us to successfully close transactions, no matter how complicated the environmental challenges. Through our experience, and by drawing on our strong connections in the environmental industry, we navigate risks associated with complex transactions and provide exceptional counsel in a short timeframe.
Our work is distinguishable from our competitors’ by the depth and breadth of the support provided and by our creativity in devising solutions to manage environmental risks. This extends not only to in-depth environmental due diligence, but broadly across the transaction from pre-deal counseling, to assessing, allocating and managing environmental risks, to enforcing and defending environmental indemnity claims.
Our services include:
- Pre-deal counseling
- Conducting in-depth environmental due diligence
- Developing strategies for allocating and managing environmental risks
- Negotiating and drafting the environmental provisions in purchase agreements, credit agreements and security filings
- Negotiating and procuring environmental and R&W insurance
- Managing environmental cleanups and corrective actions
- Enforcing and defending environmental indemnity claims