Philipp Gnatzy is a partner in the London office of Kirkland & Ellis and a member of the firm’s Antitrust & Competition Team. His practice encompasses contentious and non-contentious merger control and antitrust matters in an international context, with a focus on EU, UK, German and Chinese competition law and regulation.
Philipp advises on a wide range of international competition and regulatory matters, including:
- Merger control (including Phase I and Phase II merger control investigations before the Competition and Markets Authority and the European Commission, the German Bundeskartellamt and the Chinese SAMR as well as multi-jurisdictional merger control matters)
- Cartel Investigations and related litigation
- Competition law advice and compliance (for example, in relation to Article 101/Chapter I and Article 102/Chapter II matters, as well as competition law compliance and training programmes for clients)
- EU state aid advice to recipients of government support
- Regulatory matters, for example in the utility, energy and agricultural sectors
Philipp’s experience spans multiple sectors and industries, including information technology, communications and connectivity, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, real estate, transport, aerospace, shipping, industrials as well as retail & consumer products.
Admissions & Qualifications
- 2015, Admitted to Practice as a Solicitor of England and Wales
- Brussels (B List)
- University of CologneFirst German State Examination2013
- University College LondonLL.B.2010