David Horowitz is a litigator with broad experience in complex commercial litigation and arbitration. He has represented and counseled clients in a variety of substantive areas including mass torts and products liability, bankruptcy litigation, commercial contracts, consumer class actions, and securities and shareholder litigation.
David has served as trial counsel in numerous high-profile matters in federal and state courts across the country. Recently, David received a "Litigator of the Week" runner-up acknowledgment for his role in securing a complete defense verdict on behalf of 3M in a plaintiff-pick bellwether case involving 3M’s Combat Arms earplugs.
David also has an active pro bono practice. Most recently, he has successfully represented multiple LGBT asylum seekers fleeing persecution in their home countries. In addition, Public Counsel’s Consumer Law Project awarded David its 2016 Public Counsel Pro Bono Award for his successful representation of several foreign students in a lawsuit against a U.S.-based flight school.
David has been recognized as a “Rising Star” litigator by Southern California Super Lawyers every year since 2013.
Horowitz, David I. and Leaf, Paul J., “The Internal Affairs Doctrine Versus A Conflicting Contractual Choice of Law Provision,” BNA Insights (Vol. 10, No. 43) November 2, 2012.
Panelist, “Loan Related Disputes: MBS, CLOs and Other Acronyms,” NERA Economic Consulting’s 2014 Finance, Law & Economics Securities Litigation Seminar, July 2014.
“Rising Star” Southern California Super Lawyers, 2013–2019
Public Counsel Pro Bono Award Recipient, 2016
Memberships & Affiliations
Los Angeles County Bar Association
American Bar Association, Litigation Section
Association of Business Trial Lawyers
Admissions & Qualifications
- New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- The George Washington University Law SchoolJ.D.with Honors2004
Associate, The George Washington University Law Review
Henry R. Berger Award (excellence in tort law)
- American UniversityB.S.B.A., Business Administrationcum laude2001