Press Release

Kirkland Represents Younique in Partnership with Coty

Kirkland & Ellis LLP advised Younique LLC, a leading online peer-to-peer social selling platform in beauty, in its sale of a 60 percent stake to Coty Inc. (NYSE: COTY) for approximately $600 million, valuing Younique at $1 billion. The transaction closed on Feb. 1. In this new partnership, Younique’s founders continue to own the remaining 40 percent and Younique will operate as a separate business within Coty’s Consumer Beauty division. Coty is one of the world’s largest beauty companies with approximately $9 billion in revenue, with a purpose to celebrate and liberate the diversity of consumers’ beauty. More information on the transaction is available here.

The Kirkland team on this transaction included corporate partner Walt Holzer and associates Jonathan Man, Amy Livingston, Emily Standen and Katherine Gause; capital markets partners Dennis Myers and Wayne Williams; employee benefits partner Matthew Antinossi and associate Joseph Lifsics; labor and employment partner Matthew Keiser and associate Bryan O’Keefe; technology and IP transactions partner Seth Traxler; real estate partner John Caruso and associate Margaret Linkous; tax partner Mike Carew and associate Anthony Sexton; environmental transactions partners Brian Land and Alexandra Farmer; executive compensation partners Scott Price and Matthew Shiels and associate Kirk Porter; international trade of counsel Sanjay Mullick and antitrust partner James Mutchnik and M&A clearance director Kurt Wunderlich.