Clients report that Mario, a Law360 'MVP' is 'thoughtful and responsive,' and 'very commercial, with excellent judgement and work product,' and describe him as 'a highly skilled technician of the law and commercially savvy advisor.'
Kirkland & Ellis is pleased to announce the release of the 2022 edition of A Dealmaker’s Guide to CFIUS, a book by partner Mario Mancuso, P.C. Updated to reflect the final CFIUS regulations of 2020 and President Biden’s first year in office, this new third edition is written in an informal Q&A format, providing succinct answers to frequently asked questions that Mario has received over the years from private equity investors, corporate directors, company leaders and investment bankers about how the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) works in practice.
- CFIUS basics, including what types of transactions CFIUS may or may not review;
- How CFIUS evaluates the risk profile of a particular transaction;
- The mechanics of preparing and submitting a CFIUS filing, including what types of disclosure are necessary from parties to a transaction and what types of information CFIUS often requests;
- What occurs during the CFIUS review process; and
- How to think through a strategic and tactical considerations in specific transactions.
About the Author
A former senior CFIUS decision maker, presidential appointee, and senior Pentagon official, Mario routinely practices before CFIUS on behalf of his clients. He has been consistently recognized as a leading international practitioner by Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business and Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business; he also has been named an “International Trade MVP” by Law360 and recognized by The Legal 500 as a "Leading Lawyer." Follow Mario on LinkedIn.
To discuss these issues with the author, please contact Mario Mancuso at email@example.com.
To request an interview with Mario, please contact Liza Taney at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 212 909 3398.